Santa Sofia

Santa Sofia’s cellars are in the part of the estate underneath and to the side of Villa Santa Sofia, which was known in the past as Villa Serego. Building of the villa began in 1560, following the plans of Andrea Palladio: it was commissioned by Marcantonio Serego, a highly respected nobleman who was married to Ginevra Alighieri. In fact, only a very small part of the grandiose project was completed and what can be seen today represents about one third of Palladio’s original design.